Jack’s back in town…!
The Elwood Dad’s Band are making a rare public appearance this Saturday, Dec 17th, at the venerable Elwood RSL. We haven’t played in months so it could be really dodgy or really brilliant…or both at the same time! Come and hear the same old songs that we’ve been playing for ten years performed in an endearingly, drunkenly enthusiastic manner. Much drinking, dancing and Christmas cheer to be had by all. The show is free and starts 9.00ish.
Hunters and Collectors t-shirts from the V8 gig last Saturday can now be purchased online at Band T-Shirts!
The latest important bits from the Hunna’s reformation on Saturday… 🙂
- Check out a Sydney Morning Herald video on the Hunters and Collectors reformation last weekend – including some sound check video.
- T-shirts will be available soon through LovePolice as not all were sold at the gig (the merchandise stand was in a terrible place).
- No official recording was made at the gig.
- Bootleg video is on YouTube – check out Talking to a Stranger, Where Do You Go?, 42 Wheels, Skin of Our Teeth, Holy Grail, The Slab, Dog and Throw Your Arms Around Me.
- Please send your photos to webmaster Stuart at email@example.com – and we will put the best online!
- Future gigs are not ruled in and not ruled out 🙂
The 3rd of December 2011 was a critical date for Hunters and Collectors fans. While there had been brief reunions – eight songs at Sound Relief, two for the ARIA Hall of Fame, an occasional lunch – this was the first full gig. 17 songs introduced a whole new generation to the Hunnas in the live environment.
The three great shirt designs that were available at this gig – on paper for the V8’s at Homebush in Sydney – are available for purchase. Click here to buy the t-shirts!
Hunters and Collectors, 3 December 2011, Homebush, Sydney, Australia!
- Little Chalkie
- Do You See What I See?
- Talking to a Stranger
- Stuck on You
- Head Above Water
- True Tears of Joy
- Where Do You Go?
- Inside A Fireball
- 42 Wheels
- When the River Runs Dry
- Skin of Our Teeth
- Blind Eye
- Holy Grail
- Say Goodbye
- [Encore break]
- The Slab
- Throw Your Arms Around Me
More details to come…!
Hunters and Collectors – live today at 9:30pm – first full gig since 1998 – ANZ Stadium, Homebush, Sydney – see you there!
We have the following last minute tips for Saturday’s gig…
- Jack recommends not standing in front of the bass amp 😉
- Check out the stage plan!
Saturday 9:30pm for the first gig since 1998!
It’s the question everyone is asking… and the answer is…
Hunters and Collectors shirts not sold at the V8’s on Saturday will be available from Love Police, the affable crew who are making the shirts.
Click here to go to the Love Police online store.
For all news items that were published on True Believers from July 2001 to November 2011, please click here.